Miller museum is restoration heaven

While the lockdown of shops and public traders has now begun to ease, we’ve yet to see any easing on the closures of public services such as libraries and museums, yet that doesn’t mean that they’ve been simply mothballed for the last few months.

As an example, while the Sammy Miller Museum in the New Forest has been closed to the public, Sammy himself has, in his own words, been “isolating in heaven!”, ensconced within the workshop and working on bikes for the museum.

One in particular was the four-cylinder 200cc Fruin – with a freshly restored powerplant by John Ring – which was due to have its first outing at the Festival of 1000 Bikes, and then the Kop Hill Climb.
We’ll be letting you know just as soon as the museum is open to the public.

Article continues below...

Enjoy more Old Bike Mart reading in the monthly newspaper.
Click here to subscribe & save.

Read more News and Features at and in the June 2020 issue of Old Bike Mart – on sale now!

Subscribe to Old Bike Mart Enjoy more Old Bike Mart reading in the monthly paper. Click here to subscribe.