Thirty-six flat-tank and girder-fork motorcycles took part in this year’s Bamburgh Run, organised by the Vintage Motor Cycle Club’s Reivers section and the Marston Sunbeam Club & Register.
Using a Northumberland flag, Andrew Joicey waved the riders away in pairs from the new venue of Ellingham Village Hall, where lunch was also served, and in pleasant sunny weather both the long and short routes provided quiet roads and spectacular views.
The tea stop was at Ellingham Village Hall, where villagers enjoyed chatting with the riders.
The oldest entry was Jonathan Hill’s 1910 Douglas Model C, which covered the 60-mile short route without difficulty and just a touch of light pedal assistance.
The accompanying photos were taken by Andrew Kitchen, Dave Angles and Craig McKenna.
Read more News and Features in October’s issue of OBM – on sale now!Enjoy more Old Bike Mart reading in the monthly paper. Click here to subscribe.